It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 pm
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:54 pm 

At ABC and have questions maybe someone could answer for me. Why do they allow glass in the pool area? I have a pool at home and broken glass would be one of the worst things that could happen. Secondly, why is the adult pool so dirty? There are a lot of dead bugs and dirt in the water. I saw the pool guy cleaning it once this week but not thoroughly. Over at CDM I havr never seen bugs like this in the pool. By the way I do love CDM but not sure yet about abc but I'm trying to give it a few more days. Also, there are a lot more geckos at abc. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 am 

No glass is allowed around the poolside and if someone does not follow he rules, please inform security immediately for it is a danger indeed.

The Ghekko's made me laugh for actually, what a lot of people do not realize is, that they catch a lot of moskito's, specially at night but they get used to people and will even hunt in daytime.
So they are benificial but yes they do have to make poopies and that one has to clean.
To get rid of them is very hard, only poison might do that and I hope nobody would want that.

The iguana's, there are too many again , one can catch those in traps and than let go in an area where they belong, I hate it when they kill them with again, poison.
But the fault is the people, we love to put grass lawns and that is like fast food all day for them.
With no predators around,they will eat and breed and multiply way too fast, the result is ,too many for comfort.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:03 pm 

When I was there in September both the ABC and CDM pools were very clean. The pool attendants were seen skimming early and late at both pools.

I agree with Olga, glass around any public pool area is prohibited and should be reported at once. Why people have to be so irresponsible is a mystery to me. Common sense should tell you about the hazards of glass near a pool but then again some people still text and drive so go figure.

Jose from the pool/beach department at ABC had a trap set on the pool deck near a tree. It had holes small enough for the little iguana’s to escape but the larger ones were trapped. He told us once they get so big he takes them and releases them at the Donkey Sanctuary and the National Park. This helps control the iguana population yet still leaves enough to help with pest control.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website