It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:59 am
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ABC newsletter spring
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 am 

Today many of you received the news letter from the board.

Lovely picture of half the staff going to the cruise ship to bring the pop taps.
Thank you Adriana for year after year ,so faithfully collecting them you look great in that pic and I am sure your work will be rewarded, Ronald Mc Donalds house is really doing a lot of good,imagine someone receiving help and some paid for by Aruban poptaps, should make you feel good..

So maintenance is going to increase 6%, that is a lot for the index is about half, that on top of the new government tax will hurt many of you in the purse.
At the last meeting mr. Maduro told members there was a reserve to work with of some $400.000, that is not mentioned in his report in the newsletter, possibly he can clarify that at some point.

Some of the proposed changes in the articles are no good, since I believe they will be voted upon as a package, I for one will vote a big NO ,there is much in there that takes away once again more priviledges from members and gives more and more power to the BOD.
Worse than that, they go against the original articles and that is not allowed without government approval.
That is nothing new, I had hoped it would stop though, well so much for dreaming.

Yes airco is working fine, seems all the complains have stopped ,so that is one good thing.

This year so many of our beloved old members passed away and yes some very good friends, they will be missed so much.
My condolances to all the family's.
Dear "Pepe", the little yellow bird giving joy to so many,that once he escaped from a cage ,chose the ABC as his new home, became the mascot of the club ( big competition for my little Jacks) and got to be the pet of so many, members bringing seeds, fruit platter every day prepared by Jose, we shall miss him ,but it is nice to think he was living like a king in the tree, boss over all the other birds and most of all he was "free.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website