It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 pm
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 pm 

The board is possibly not telling the truth!!

Members after I posted that some of the proposed changes were unlawful, be it coincidence or not, almost straight thereafter the board send another email to the members with ;
Retraction of those same proposed changes, now all of a sudden they were only for the BOD to review. They were send wrongly to the members come on , this is third time something simulair happens ? who does all this so called accidental "wrong mailing" ?

But that is NOT what they wrote in the proposal ,there it sais ;

THESE PROPOSED CHANGES HAVE GONE TO THE NOTARY ,HAVE BEEN REVIEWED AND APPROVED.

That is not correct either, these proposals may never have gone to their notary, they were not a draft to be approved by the board, they tried to make you vote on unlawful changes, that was no draft that was an approved proposal by the BOD and they wanted to give very little time to the members and have them vote it their way.

Lets face it most members would not even take the time to read or would not understand these articles in itself..
Seems to me that is not the first but if I recall correct the THIRD time they try to pass something that the members are very upset about.
WHY ,why is also this board seeking for more and more power, why do they keep taking away members privileges,
WE ARE THE OWNERS .
I will start with the first proposed change and than please ask yourself why that change is so important to them, for remember EVERY change costs a lot of money.
Notary costs and Chambers you name it , for every single one you need to pay.

So, number one on their list; expulsion of members , to my knowledge in 35 years it happened only 3 times ( if more, than it must have been very long time ago)

1/ lady danced naked on a table in plain view , expulsed
2/ board member hits his wife , expulsed
3/ During the FLAK contract made by the BOD,yours truly found out way to much to this boards liking therefore had to be thrown out of the club, expulsed.

So you cannot say this is something that happens often, yet they want to change this article to a point they have total control and can do with members what they want , for now your shares cannot be transferred to ;

Your children ( old article sais MINOR), no , none of your adult children nor your brothers, sisters, parents, relatives none of them can take over your shares.
Really? So they are criminals as well? And then they want to add that you can never again appeal to be reinstalled.
So when I was expulsed ( cost me 20.000 florins under Dutch law I am sorry to say, I cannot sue them to get that back)I went to court, they told the BOD very clear they had no grounds what so ever to expulse me and the BOD was forced to take me back. Ouch that was a blow to their ego, I think they never forgave me that.
But now they are so keen on adding a point 7 , you can NEVER be reinstalled WHY ,What ARE THEY UP TO ,WHY PAY MONEY FOR AN ARTICLE THAT ALREADY GIVES ALMOST TOTAL POWER TO 5 MEN, ONLY THEY DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PROPERTY AND NOW THEY WANT EVEN MORE? They want to make sure you can never ever come back?
They are doing this for a reason and want to make sure they will not lose again,for next year one or more of the BOD will be replaced and they know that.
Being open and transparent, I do not think so, for if you are honest and this is about being honest,you do not lie ,telling you the notary approved, baloni, no notary would ever approve those changes, but it sounds good and most members would say, he if the notary has approved that ,than it must be ok. I assure you the clubs notary never received anything about proposed changes in articles from the ABC
Transparency, what a joke.
I will get back to you on the succession rights as the BOD proposes to be changed .more tomorrow.

Last edited by olga on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 pm 

Olga, thanks for keeping us informed. What they are trying to do is unbelievable!!!! So glad you are there to keep an eye on things.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm 

Carnaval is in full swing, ocean is superbe and sunny with just enough clouds to cool off a bit now and than.
Sofar only few members have registered, hope this blog will get more active soon.
Since the board made a retraction about the proposed changes in the articles untill after the general members meeting, I have more time to review them and I will comment on the other ones at a later time.
For now those who are in that blizzard, brrrt, good luck and hope all of you stay warm, and all of those coming soon Bon Bini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:57 pm 

You may have seen I edited some of what I wrote. For now I will give the benifit of the doubt to the BOD if they have or have not given these proposed changes to the notary, my information was they never went there, but I have asked boardmember Foley to give the notary written permission to tell me the truth about this.
Since the new policy is 'transparency' that should not be a problem.
A member pointed out to me that "approved" does not necessairily mean, 'signed" and I took it that the notary had given a signed approval to the BOD for an official approval in Dutch is a signed document in most cases certainly an approval of a notary.
So for now, I only want the truth for the members.

New in Aruba is, the talks about a ship that is going to look for gas or oil in the territorial waters between Venezuela and Aruba, I sure hope Chavez is not going to do something unexpected ,for I have a feeling he might not like it.
Down town Oranjestad mainstreet and the plaza at the beginning of that mainstreet are still a big mess and that tram everybody is waiting for, might take a much longer time to get going than planned ,now that is nothing new here.
Today the ocean was not too bad but quit an undertow so please,just be carefull.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website