It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:32 pm
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 am 

Is it true they now opened up when you can put towels out on chairs and on the beach to 3:00 a.m. and you don't have to sit out there. Will they remove your stuff if not sitting there?

It used to be 6:00 and then you were OK. I had friends that just were there and they said it was changed to 3:00 a.m. Never heard of such a thing and gosh who wants to get up this early to reserve a spot...

Thoughts/comments?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm 

I don't know who started that rumor. ABC members can put their towels on chairs and need to be sitting there until 6am. You can then leave your chairs and go back to your room, eat and etc. If towels are left unattended before 6am and there are no empty huts security does a sweep and takes them away. Once you reserve a hut it should not be left unattended for more than a 2 hour period or security can take your towels, bags, etc. Two hours is plenty of time to have lunch, take a walk, go for a swim or play bingo. I hope I have explained this so that it makes sense. I am here now at ABC and just happened to see your question and wanted to try to answer before this 3am rumor got out of hand....back to the beach!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:38 pm 

Phew -
Thanks Kandy. I was about to fly down this wed just to put out a towel so i have a place to sit when I arrive Saturday. Thats a load off my mind. Its vacation folks......chill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 am 

Yes, 6:00 AM is the policy. However: When we were there for weeks 4 and 5 I went out at 5:30 or so on several mornings. Virtually every hut was already taken each day. I maybe saw one person sitting at one hut to reserve it per the policy. All the rest were vacant. I never saw the security guard anywhere and I never saw articles being removed from any of the unattended huts prior to 6:00 AM. I believe people were out as early as 3:00 or 4:00 reserving their huts. This was true on the beach as well as by the pool. The only time I saw articles being removed was one day around 11:00 (?) and when they used floats (not towels) to hold the hut. And that was when someone complained. So while the written policy has been improved it is not being enforced.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm 

I was told by people that were here week 6 that getting a hut was very difficult and security did sweeps and that week 7 wasn't as crowded as week 6 and there were plenty of places to sit. All of last week (week 8) there were huts available most all day. I know 2 next to me were empty on and off all week. I jokingly told my husband the first couple of days no one wanted to sit next to us because we aren't readers but talk all the time. After a week of the hut right next to us being vacant all but one day I don't think I was joking. Today starts week 9 so we'll see what happens.
Kandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 am 

I think towels should be removed anytime before 6AM, if no one is sitting there reserving their hut, regardless if there are huts available or not. Otherwise someone could put their things out at 2,3,4 AM, then go back to bed.
Sally

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:45 am 
I tried to find security at 6AM to coplain, they were nowere to be found.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website