It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 am 

Today I printed out my ballot on line.
Regular A4 piece of paper .
You have to fill out your name and signature.
No membership number is required, neither do they ask for the number of votes you have.

Remember some time ago when we collected many proxy's/ ballots from members and almost 10.000 votes were thrown out? That BOD did everything to get on the ballot and not even without the 10. 000 votes could they winn.
Though we asked for the reasons why they had been disqualified,the board nor Deloitte ever gave an answer.

But 5 members went each over every single ballot and these ballots were very carefully looked at and they came from the "real" members, the envelops proved that yet 10.000 votes went down the drain counted by the same Deloitte.

Even when all the protests came in , the BOD at that time saw it fit to eliminate them without explination and they kept silent till the day of today.

what we have now is;

1/A SHEET OF A4 PRINTED OUT OF THE COMPUTER
2/ NO MEMBERS NUMBERS ARE REQUIRED
3/ WORSE OF ALL, NO NUMBER OF VOTES ARE REQUIRED
4/ WE HAVE OLDER MEMBERS WHOS SIGNATURES HAVE CHANGED OVER THE YEARS ,BUT NOW ,JUST ABOUT ANYBODY CAN SIGN AND WHO IS TO FIND THAT OUT?
5/THIS IS ASKING FOR FRAUD.
6/ WHO IS GOING TO PUT ALL THE NUMBERS OF VOTES IN ,THAT WILL BE COSTLY WOW.

Though I agree that expenses have to be kept as low as possible, a voting ballot has to be a valid pre-printed ballot send by mail. not email. In my opinion this year, this new way ,is done very poorly.
Even the regular mailed out convocations do not ask for the number of votes anymore nor the members number.

WHY?

This year we have little of importance to vote upon ,but next year is election time and 1 boardmember ( TITONE)has had 2 terms so he I suppose should be going out anyway , but 2 are up for re-election and yes that ballot is going to be of very much importance FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS CLUB.

Members have been for years unhappy with the voting methods but this one tops it, it is just way to easy to copy or disqualify at random. I was hoping we finally would have a way where members could TRUST the outcome of the counting of the votes, this is not the way to go.
You all may have noticed the the name DELOITTE AND TOUCHE has changed into DELOITTE DUTCH CARIBBEAN
Bit strange, though I have know for years this auditor had little to nothing to do with the 'real Deloitte", it now changes its name to "Dutch caribbean", but Aruba and Curacao are not "Dutch anymore they are ,small as they are,they are self governed countries. yes Dutch law still rules. But that is the least important.
I for one am unhappy with this way of ballots being vulnerable to fraud.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website