It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 pm
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: September 2012
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am 
Site Admin

September 30, 2012

Dear Members,
There are always some interesting and important news to be shared with you, our valued ABC members. We have several ways at ABC of keeping you updated, through our Website http://www.arubabeachclub.net, the ABC Newsletter, three times per year, our weekly Members Orientation Meeting every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. in the Raymond Maduro Members’ Lounge when you are here enjoying your week(s), and my personal news bulletin to you on the website.

It’s once again the time of the year when your yearly Maintenance Fee Statements for 2011/2012 have been mailed to you. Please remit your payments before October 31st as stipulated, avoiding any unnecessary penalties for late payments after this date.

Aruba and our close neighbors have not suffered much effect from hurricanes so far this season and while the rainy season has just begun, the sun shines for our guests throughout most of our days. We are still in hurricane season and at the peak for the southern Caribbean which lasts until end November.

RESALES: The Board of Directors has approved for the remainder of our 35th Anniversary Year, to offer all Club owned “Superior low Season” units for a 90 days period starting October 1st until December 31st, 2012 at a reduced price of $2,500.00 per unit/week.

Please contact our Resales Coordinator Lucille Voss at 297-582-3000 ext 685 or email resales@arubabeachclub.net for further details and/or information. You can also visit our Club’s website http://www.arubabeachclub.net for a list of all units for sale. I recommend you take advantage of this very attractive offer.

MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT:
Directional signs at the ABC have been painted as well as the trees on the property.
New fire alarm system approved.
Retiling of High-Rise balconies project is almost coming to an end.
Cooling System Phase I – Completed.

ACTIVITIES: Sale of our logo items under the Cayenna Terrace every Friday before the “Bingo Bongo”, a 10% discount on all logo items.

TORTUGA BAR & GRILL RESTAURANT: Please check for Breakfast and Lunch Specials and Specialty Nights which we hope you will take advantage of and enjoy throughout your vacation.

All of our ABC Shops and Concessionaires sincerely appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit to have a chance to provide a gift or suggestion, for yourself, a special someone, a gift to take home, or a thank you for the one who just made your day… So, please do stop in.

HUMAN RESOURCES: The Collective Working Agreement has been signed with FTA Union on September 11th, for the next two Fiscal Years.

UPCOMING EVENTS:
The 6th annual Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival presents an extraordinary line-up.
Now entering its 6th year, the Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival has announced the line-up for this year’s festival. The festival will take place on October 5 and 6 and will headline world-class musicians such as Chaka Khan, Oscar D'Leon, Fourplay & Pete Philly.

Fort Zoutman is hosting "A look at yesterday in the light of tomorrow" Exposition.
September 7th was the first day of the opening of an impressive exposition, titled, “A look at yesterday in the light of tomorrow.” The exposition is housed in the historic Fort Zoutman in Oranjestad. Rita Maasdamme is the designer and artist of the exposition and she is a talented Dutch-Aruban artist.

The exposition is open to the general public, for all ages, school children, families and visitors alike. Go to the Fort Zoutman to get your gaze of a piece of Aruba’s history in this impressive work of art on exposition.

Opening Exhibition I'M ALIVE, Boc'i Brik by The Archaeological Museum of Aruba.
The Aruba Archaeological Museum presents ‘I’M ALIVE, Boc’i Brik’ which tells the story of a sailboat that sunk in the 1800's on the North cost of Aruba and left only one surviving crew member. The Archaeological Museum conducted a salvage excavation in 2007 to dig out the bones of one of the crew members that was buried at this site. The exhibition will be open to the public for three months.

Again, a pleasure updating you with some of the latest developments at the ABC and on our Island. I look forward to meeting you at the regular Tuesday Members Meeting where most recent info will be shared and questions from the floor addressed.

Warmest regards,
Farida Mansur
General Manager

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website