|Aruba Beach Club
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Admin [ Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am ]|
|Post subject:||March 2013|
MARCH lst, 2013
The month of February was another busy one for the Resort and island wide, our occupancy here at the ABC ranging 95-98% in each week of February. Going into March we’re hopeful this trend follows through.
OFFICIAL ARUBA HOLIDAYS: Housekeeping service will be provided same as our Sunday Housekeeping service.
• March 18th, Aruba’s National Anthem & Flag Day -- The official holiday on which we celebrate the existence of our National Anthem “Aruba Dushi Tera” and our blue, yellow, red and white National Flag. This year we are celebrating the 36th anniversary. The Historical Museum at the Willem III tower in town will have a full day event featuring Aruban traditions and culture, with stands full of goodies, arts and crafts.
• March 29th, Good Friday / March 31st Easter Sunday / April 1st Easter Monday -- Easter on Aruba is one of the most important holiday seasons. It includes Egg hunting, Mass on Easter Sunday, Easter breakfast, Easter Brunch, Beach Camping, BBQ-ing in the backyard, and much more. Most stores are closed, Restaurants in the hotel area will remain open and some of the stores in the new malls will also remain open. It is advisable to get the basic necessities such as: bread, cheese, milk and eggs early, because those always run out of stock during the week thanks to the campers.
REMINDERS TO ARRIVING GUESTS:
• Should your plans include renting a vehicle during your vacation time, please always lock your doors and close all windows securely, be sure to park your vehicle in a safe, well lighted, parking area, and leave nothing of value in your car when unattended. Front Desk requests to register your vehicle for emergency contact.
• Refrigerators – A reminder to arriving guests to check the Temperature setting of your refrigerator. The Club is not responsible for items stored at improper setting.
• Also, as a safety precaution, check the knobs on your stove/oven to ensure they are in the off position when not in use.
• Balcony doors are required to be closed at all times, for occupants own security and also for the prevention of mold and mildew in units. Open doors also works against the optimal functioning of our Air-Conditioning system.
The long-awaited improvements to the roadways surrounding the airport opened on December 21, 2012 with the opening of Aruba’s first “Spiral Roundabout”. Local authorities are asking drivers to be sure to feed in the right lane when they approach it and not try changing lanes if they are not in the correct lane, but rather go around again. There is visible signage to indicate which lane to take wherever direction you may be taking.
The Island’s new downtown Oranjestad TRAM service has begun as of February 14th. The route begins by the Cruise Ship Terminal on the outskirts of Oranjestad taking visitors through to the main street. The tram will operate six (6) days a week, Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. On your next visit to the island – we hope that you will hop on and enjoy the ride.
The long awaited Linear Park is in the final stage of completion with its Inauguration Ceremonies set to take place on March 18th, Aruba’s National Anthem & Flag Day.
MINI-MARKET OFFERS NEW CONVENIENCE SHOPPING FOR ABC GUESTS:
The ABC Mini-Market is offering a “convenience food package” to start your vacation experience. Anyone interested in this new service may contact the Mini-Market via their email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and price.
SECURITY – Pool & Beach Policy: No towels can be placed on pool or beach chairs/lounges before 6 AM. Any towels or items placed before 6 AM will be removed by Security. At 6 AM ABC towels (green towels) can be placed. At 8 AM CDM towels (blue and white towels) can be placed. CDM towels placed before 8 AM will be removed. No hut can be left unattended for more than 2 hours. Any huts that are not used within a 2-hour period the possessions of that hut will be gathered by Security. Returning occupants can retrieve their items at the towel station or Security hut (depending on the time of day). There will be no towel sweep if there are still empty huts available at 6:00 A.M.
HOUSEKEEPING: In order to limit beach towel damage which has increased considerably over the past year, We have instituted a new policy. Guests are requested to check their beach towels as received at the Beach Towel Station, and again, when returning, beach towels will be checked for damage. The Guest will be charged for any damage to their beach towels.
POLICY ON ISSUING OF BEACH TOWELS TO NON-IN HOUSE MEMBERS: One of the benefits of our non-in house ABC Members is to make use of the facilities outside of their owned interval week. The use of pool and beach is the most used facility and beach towels are signed for but not always returned. This creates a shortage of towels for the in house Members and Guests and therefore we are forced to implement a procedure which will accommodate everyone without any inconvenience.
ABC Owners/Co-Owners who are going to make use of the pool and beach outside of their owned interval week (non-in house Members) will have to pass at the Front Desk and show their membership card together with a valid Picture Identification Card. After the Front Desk has validated your membership, you will receive a day pass to sign and to obtain beach towels the same day. These must be returned at the Beach Towel Station on or before 6:00 PM. However, for any valid reason you did not return the beach towels to the Towel Station by 6:00 PM, you must return the towels each day to the Front Desk before leaving the ABC property. Non-compliance to this rule, ABC Members will be held financially responsible for towels not returned or damaged. A $25.00-charge pert towel will be added to your membership account.
Moreover, we want to reiterate that your Membership Card is non-transferable. Only ABC owners and co-owners have the right to receive beach towels outside their interval week (s).
RESERVATIONS - Reminder re Private Rentals:
When placing a week/unit in Club’ Rental Program and also placing an Ad on the Rentals/Exchanges Page of Club’s Website, Member may withdraw his week/unit from the Rental Program, in writing, at any time, as long as it was not rented by the Club. Adherence to this procedure is required to avoid double rental of a week/unit by the Club and by the Member. Authorization forms, Guest of Member and Rental Program, are available under members section of Club’s website.
Should you rent your week/unit/year privately, be sure that your Club Dues are PAID so that the Club will be able to honor the reservation providing a smooth check-in for your guest.
MEMBER OPTIONS FOR USE OF ASSIGNED WEEK/UNIT:
• Use as scheduled.
• Send guests to use (Authorization form available on Club’s website).
• Spacebank with Exchange Company – RCI or Interval International. NOTE: Prepayment of Club Dues on the corresponding week/unit/year must be received prior to spacebank deposit.
• Club’s Rental Program via Rental Authorization form (available on Club’s website).
Please do not leave your assigned week/unit vacant and “No-Show”. Should you not be able to make use of your week/unit as scheduled, and do not make use of one of the above mentioned options, your week/unit will be listed as “No Show” with the applicable Energy Charges on the week/unit, or any unused nights, billed billed to Member on Member’s Account.
The Activities Center is open Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM, closed on weekends. After 4:00 PM and on weekends, no requests for equipment will be taken after the mentioned hours, with the exception of Ping Pong Balls & Paddles which can be obtained at the Front Desk.
ABC Logo Items are available for purchase at the Activities Center during aforementioned working hours.
Please contact our Activities Coordinator, Kenia for any assistance.
On the Children’s Activities program, a parent or grandparent is always welcome. However, after your child feels comfortable, usually after the first ten minutes or so, it is suggested that you leave your child to enjoy the activity with the other children due to the limited space that we have available in the Activities Center. We appreciate your kind cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to meeting you at the regular Tuesday Members Meeting where most recent info will be shared and questions from the floor addressed.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group