It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm
Having trouble or have questions using this Bulletin Board?
Click Here For Help

Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 am 

This guy is back! Richard our web master has posted about this man in a warning in the rental wanted section on March 27, 2014. Most recently he has resurfaced using the same name but a different email address, greatfulkids@outlook.com his new mailing address is:
2456 Eastern Ave Se Grand Rapids MI 49507

The scam is the same, he trolls the message boards of timeshares looking for people wanting to rent/sale a certain week and then he contacts you telling you he has that week available but he is NOT an owner. If you get a message from him or anyone offering to rent you their week the best way to find out is to send an email to the reservation department of the resort, at ABC that would be reservations@arubabeachclub.net and tell them you want to do a private rental/sale and want to confirm that “John Doe” is the actual owner of the week and the unit #. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU CHECK.
Kandy

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 pm
A large number of scam reports have been reported in recent days offering timeshare rentals from someone identifying himself as "Edward Nowicki" with an email address of "eugenerentals@outlook.com".

The individual has stated incorrect week dates and is vague about verification of his ownership. He writes with poor grammar. He is not a member of this bulletin board.

He has also been targeting people on TUG (Timshare Users Group). He will ask you to send a deposit to an account at "Fifth Third Bank" in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

It is suggested you use extreme caution if dealing with this individual and ALWAYS check with the property in question to verify ownership in good standing prior to sending money to anyone.

Last edited by Kandy on Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm 

Looks like we have another scammer out there, Laura Borchers lauraborchs116@hotmail.com has been contacting people with the message, “Is your timeshare still available for sale? Please advise”.

If you reply she sends you another message saying:
Thank you for your response to my inquiry regarding your timeshare. I am interested in purchasing it. I am a private buyer. Are you a private owner or a broker? I would like you to confirm the information on the ad such as weeks of availability for the year and your asking price. Can your resort be exchanged via RCI or interval?
Awaiting your feedback.
Kind Regards,
Laura Borchers

If you reply to that she answers by saying:
Thanks for the details. Having reviewed all the information provided, I have made my offer as clearly as possible below.
1- I will be willing to pay $(inserts an amount) for your timeshare, closing will commence within the next few days.
2- I am hearing impaired in both ears and as a result, I will doing all closing formalities through my broker. I will be responsible for the closing cost and title transfer fees along with my broker fees.
3- Closing will be done through Timeshare Transfer, Inc.(http://www.timesharetransfer.com/timesharetransfer) and funds will be held in Escrow during closing.
Let me know if this works and I will inform you on the next step.
Kind Regards,
Laura

Last edited by Kandy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:51 am 

I have emailed reservations to request verification three times this week. I have not heard back. Is there a new email or procedure to verify that someone is the owner? I would appreciate being able to verify this information so that I can move forward with a rental. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am 

Have you been using this address? reservations@arubabeachclub.net

Both Ida and Liza work in the reservations office and normally answer very promptly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm 

We have another scammer out there. Tasha Fisher is claiming she is the owner of a unit at CDM wk 36/1422 and the email address she uses is tasha_paya@yahoo.com Shanella Pantophlet from the reservations department at CDM has been receiving emails from people asking to confirm ownership and Shanella alerted me as well as Ida Piternella in reservations at ABC that there is not at owner at CDM by the name of Tasha Fisher so beware.

Last edited by Kandy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 pm 

Just a heads up everyone about another scammer. This one using the name Tim Donaldson and the email tim_donaldson@outlook.com has been trying to pass off units in various weeks as his own. He is not an owner nor is he a co-owner.

Last edited by Kandy on Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:39 pm 

I got this email today from a Tasha Fisher offering to rent me ABC week 8/239, which by the way is owned by a person I know, and it is not her. I am certain I received this because I placed an ad on the ABC web site saying I was looking for ONE NIGHT ONLY in week 8, Friday Feb. 27.
She goes on to say this is a one bedroom/one bath unit that sleeps 6 when we all know that this is a studio unit that sleeps 4.
This is the same name of the person we were warned us about a few months ago using tasha_paya@yahoo.com as an email address that was saying she was the owner of CDM wk 36/1422. I even have her name posted on the ABC BB under scammers.
I just wanted to post this to you to make you aware she is up and running under a new email address.

Subject: Aruba Beach Club Inquiry - Week# 8
Date: December 23, 2014 at 12:32:19 PM EST
Hi , Thanks for your request. I am offering, week #8 Unit 239 Superior. One bedroom, baths with a fully equipped kitchen- Sleep 6. kindly get back to me at your convenience if you are still interested. Thank you. Have a Great day.
Sincerely,
Tasha.

Last edited by Kandy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:12 am 

It has been brought to our attention that there is another scammer out. They are going by the name Nora Rodger, they are contacting members who are looking for units and claiming to be the owner of the units. I do not have any information on their email address as yet but should I receive this I will update you all further. Shanella Pantophlet Reservations Coordinator, Casa Del Mar.

UPDATE-Just as a follow up, the email address for Nora Rodger is nora.aruba@outlook.com

Last edited by Kandy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:36 am 

Once again we have a new name to add, Stephanie Annderr using the email address s.annderr@outlook.com

If you are contacted by this person offering to rent you a week you have posted that you are looking for, please know it is a scam and she does not own that week. As always I caution you to always confirm ownership with the club before proceeding with any transactions.

Last edited by Kandy on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:51 pm 

Got another one Coulee Dam cool_aruba123@outlook.com
Pretty original name for a scammer.

Go to the Main Aruba Beach Club Website