P.O. Box 368 Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Tel: 297-524-3000; Fax: 297-583-8191
execoff@arubabeachclub.net
Click Here to Join the Owners Only Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:43 pm 

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. I am a time share owner and paid my dues/fees for 2020. As Aruba was closed I was unable to utilize my room this year - as I know is the case for most people.

Can someone confirm that ABC is not offering any incentives/refunds or anything? I got my statement for 2021 and there were no adjustments noted.

While I understand that the COVID crisis has affected Aruba greatly; it has also affected us that have time shares. I cannot afford to just give that money away. I would hope that they could offer a discount of some sort or incentive to keep the time share because if this is our new normal / how can people afford to keep losing money if the airports and country is closed?

I do not want to start an argument - I am just looking for some answers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:33 am 

Since the beginning of the pandemic ABC has been sending a list of frequently ask questions to owners via email. These FAQ’s are also posted in the owners area of this page under "Information For Owners". In the very first issue of the FAQ’s, April 10, 2020, this question was ask and answered so I am posting it here for you to see...

Will the Club credit owners 90% of the maintenance fees for those effected by the shutdown?
No, maintenance fees/club dues are billed 1 year in advance. These funds make up our yearly budget and are allocated to the operation and general maintenance of the club.

Also in this issue was a related topic

If I was unable to utilize my week(s) as a result of the pandemic, can I utilize another room during the year once the ban is lifted?
No, the club has stopped the practice of “banking” units. In addition, since we are a Time Share organization, we are unable to displace other owners to accommodate those effected by the pandemic.

I hope I have been able to answer your question. If you have any further questions please visit the Owners Area below.